I will try and use this method myself in Copenhagen. I will let you know via our 10News newsletter how it goes.
Feel very welcome to translate and try yourself:
How To Stop A Mosque
By: Nicolai Sennels
First I want to stress that stopping mosques is absolutely possible. Gavin Boby’s organization Law And Freedom Foundation has managed to stop 20 out of 24 mosque projects in the UK – and counting (Law and Freedom Foundation). The below recipies is inspired by Boby:
The problems with mosques are that:
1) They spread fundamentalist, unmoderated Islam by not publicly and actively rejecting the Quran’s and Muhammad’s criminal incitement to violence and murder. Instead they preach the Quran (Allah’s revelations to Muhammad) and the Hadiths (Muhammad’s own deeds and sayings which are equally holy to Muslims) as faultless, even though they include hundreds of verses urging and even ordering Muslims to persecute, forcibly convert, rob, rape, harm, maim, enslave and kill non-Muslims, apostates and hypocrites (Muslims not fully subjugating to Islamic law, Sharia) and suppress, beat and rape their own Muslim women.
2) By spreading Islam, mosques spread Islam’s oppressive rules and regulations among Muslims and leads to radicalization. This does not only include Islam’s obligation to wage war, so-called Jihad, on non-Muslims on every level, including economical, cultural and physical. This also includes the many rules and regulations in the Sharia that revoke Muslims’ basic human rights to choose their own partner (e.g. a non-Muslim partner), women’s right to freely divorce (e.g. divorcing a violent partner), religion, clothing and life style. By strengthening the religious tenants of Islam in the Muslim society, Mosques contribute to the well-known social control among Muslims, which tend to radicalize vulnerable youths and put pressure on moderate, secular Muslims.
3) Mosque buildings, especially the dominating minarets, are not fitting into Western architecture and by allowing them in our cities and towns we Islamize the architectural landscape of our countries. All types of islamization, including changing our townscapes to accommodate to fundamentalists’ dream of building Arab style mosques and “cultural centers” in Western cities, is reshaping our society to make it easier for Islamic fundamentalists who prefer Islam to Western culture and values, to come and live among us. We do not need more of that, we need less. Every time we give into Muslims’ demands for special treatment and allow our countries to be Islamized, however little, our own culture is being pushed aside to some degree. None of this is counter-productive in the struggle against fundamentalist Islam and it is an affront to Western society and culture.
4) Allowing centers that promote classical Islam among Muslims is counter-productive to integration of immigrants. This is because classical Islam includes a long list of religious expectations and obligations that makes it more difficult for Muslims to integrate into non-Muslim societies and culture. This involves special rules for clothing, gender separation, women’s rights and obligations, fasting and Muslim children’s rights to enjoy and fully integrate into Western culture. Promoting mosques and Islamic culture strengthens the very aspects of Islam that lead to cultural segregation into religious societies where the surrounding, Western society has very little influence and where fundamentalist Islam can flourish and produce a stunningly high amount of jihad sympathizers.
5) Allowing mosques in our cities can create traffic problems (increased traffic on Fridays, parking problems).
What can you do?
a) If you hear about a planned mosque (no matter what stage of the planning phase the mosque is in), inform local citizens about the function and effect of mosques and about Islam, and let them know where they can complain about the proposed mosque. Create a Facebook-group/page and a homepage/blog (with its own newsletter that people can subscribe to) where you write some basic information about why you are against the mosque and where and whom people can complain to if they wish to oppose the planned mosque. Both on your Facebook page and on the blog you should post regular news and updates on problematic situations where a mosque has been involved (this can be historical facts on how prophet Muhammad used mosques to plan violent attacks; how terrorists was visiting mosques before they attacked/their attack was foiled; excerpts from what is preached in mosques – the Quran and the Hadiths – etc.). Target the Facebook page to reach especially local residents in that area of the city – and call it something like “No Grand Mosque In Helsinki”. Also invite politicians and famous/semi-famous people to like the page. On every post on Facebook and the blog you should give an email and a link to a page with more email addresses and phone numbers to the responsible politicians and officials – so people can contact them and express their concerns. These contact data should involve: the planning committee (and every single person in that committee) responsible for deciding if the mosque should be allowed, relevant politicians and officials involved in such processes (including the local mayor, members of parliament and the relevant minister).
b) Make it easy for people to complain by writing a prefilled letter that they just have to sign and put a date on. A majority of people in most Western countries are worried about Muslim immigration and the advance of Islam, but many are not skilled in writing or expressing their concern – so you have to help them. Put the prefilled letter on your homepage etc. so people can easily download, print, sign and send it – or simply copy the text (use Word-format – not PDF) and paste it in an email to the planning committee etc. Use a diplomatic language that normal people like “Mrs. and Mr. Johnson” can identify with. Example:
“To whom it may concern/name
I hereby wish to object to the proposed Grand Mosque in Helsinki. Here are my reasons:
1) The organization behind the mosque/cultural center, NAME, does not publicly and actively reject the Quran’s and Muhammad’s hate speech against homosexuals, women and non-Muslims. Nor does it publicly and actively reject the Quran’s and Muhammad’s criminal incitement for Muslims to harm or kill non-Muslims, apostates, homosexuals and hypocrites (Muslims not fully subjugating to Islamic law, Sharia) and suppress, beat and rape their own Muslim women. Link to sources proving Islam’s incitement to hate, crime and violence: www.??.fi
2) By approving the mosque you support the spread of Islamic religion and culture in our city. As so many other citizens, I think we have enough Islam here. I think that Islam and Muslims’ demands for special treatment are given too much space in our country, and always on expense of our own culture. I do not see it as job for neither the tax payers nor our politicians to promote Islamic religion and culture in our secular, Christian society – and that is exactly what you will do if you allow this mosque. You have not been given your job so that you can further Islam in our city. It is not your job to do so on behalf of voters and tax payers. It is not your mandate.
3) A mosque will naturally attract more Muslims to live in that area. This will further the cultural segregation that is already taking place in our city. This is not healthy for a society and will strengthen the creation of Islamic, monocultural areas in our beautiful city. These areas have already proven to be a hotbed for criminals and violent, religious extremists. This development should be fought, not aided.
4) Should you decide to approve the mosque, in spite of being asked not to, in spite of warnings, and in spite of countless examples of the negative consequences of aiding Islam to take root in our country, I will see you as an accomplice if that mosque turns out to be involved in any kind of radicalization, crime or terrorism. And I will do my best to hold you responsible for it in public wherever I can.
name + date”
c) Mail boxes
Put leaflets about Islam and mosques + the prefilled letter of concern in the post boxes of local residents warning them that a mosque is about to be build in their area and why they should be concerned – and how to help stop it and where to find more information etc.
Also urge people to write the responsible politicians and officials via Facebook.
Make a petition against the mosque. The petition should be online and announced on the Facebook page and on your blog. Also go on the street and collect signatures against the mosque. An additional benefit of collecting signatures on the street/door-to-door in the neighborhood of the planned mosque is that you get a chance to talk with people personally and inform them more deeply. And it can help attract media attention when people go around on in public to oppose a mosque.
e) Contact the press
If possible then find a person that does not mind going public as spokesman/woman. One of the weaknesses in the struggle against fundamentalist Islam is that only few people dare go public with their opinion. This does not only create a catastrophic lack of courageous role models, it also makes it difficult for the press to find people to contact to get statements, opinions and most important of all: facts. Whoever wants to go public as a contact person and as press contact for an anti-mosque project must at least be able to work in that field without anger and racism (which would makes the whole project unsympathetic). And if best also has compassion as his or her basic motivation. The three basic rules for such spokesmen/women: 1) To have good and sympathetic style. 2) Comprehensive knowledge about Islam, Muhammed and the consequences of immigration. 3) No mistakes: no anger, no false statements or accussations etc.